Sunday 13 September 2015

Valle dei Templi - Sicily - September 2015



Last week I had the pleasure to visit the Valle dei Templi (Valley of Temples) in Agrigento, Sicily. A wonderful afternoon was spent walking around the ancient remains which include eight temples.  Of these my favourite and I think the most impressive is Concordia.  


The Temple of Concordia is one of the best preserved ancient temples in the world.  It was built in the 5th Century BC.

The beautiful view across the countryside from the Temple of Concordia.  If you get a chance to go to Sicily I recommend taking a day trip to Agrigento to the Valle Dei Templi.  Take a camera and sketchbook! 

Another great place to visit is the Galleria d'Arte Moderna di Palermo which is one of my favourite art galleries.

Best wishes

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment