|Knitting - oil painting by Mrs I Westcott|
Here are a few pointers to help you map out the facial features of your sitter. The following are guidelines only as the characteristics of individual sitter's may vary:
- The bottom of the eye socket is at the mid point of the face.
- The top of the ears are on a line with the eyebrows.
- The bottom of the ears are on a line with the end of the nose.
- There is one eye's width between the eyes.
- The distance between the pupils is a bit wider than the width of the lips.
- The skull is as deep as the length of the face.
- The back of the skull is slightly wider than the face.
- Capturing the person's hairstyle is integral to creating a successful likeness.
Part two to follow soon!