Sunday 16 July 2017

Upcoming Autumn Courses and Painted Gardens

Meryel working on her painting
I have just completed a four week course entitled 'Painted Gardens.' This is the first time I have taught this course for over four years.  The excitement of teaching the course once again was matched by the students truly excellent work.  During the course the students and I looked at the history of painted gardens, mixing different greens, applying texture and surface marks.  The students that attended were a mix of beginners and more experienced artists. Overall I had the pleasure to watch some of the best work emerge from blank canvases in my fifteen years of teaching. The results of which are for you to see below:

Original painting by Meryel 2017

Original painting by Gaye 2017

Details of Gaye's painting

Unfinished original painting by Geoff 2017

Original painting by Jean 2017

Original painting by Sue 2017 (her first painting!)

Original painting by Sue 2017

Detail of unfinished original painting by Pam 2017

Detail of unfinished painting by Pam 2017

Original painting by Helen 2017

Original painting by Lolly 2017

Original painting by Lolly 2017



Study by Tere 2017
Thank you to all the students for making the course such a overwhelming success and for allowing me to show their work on my blog.  I would also like to thank Liz whose work is not shown here. 

If you would like to join one of my classes or have one-to-one classes, please contact me using the blog contact form below. 

Here are my upcoming courses for Autumn 2017:


Upcoming Autumn Courses and Workshops 2017


4 Week Painting Course 'Cliffs, Sand & Sea' (open medium)
Starts Friday 20th October 12.30 to 3pm - All Saints' Church Hall, Ryde - £70

4 Week Painting Course 'Evening Landscapes & Night-Skies' (open medium)
Starts Thursday 28th September 10.00 to 12.30pm - Bembridge Village Hall - £70

4 Week Painting Course 'Shanklin Chine & Other Island Scenes' (open medium)
Starts Friday 22nd September 10.00 to 12.30pm - Northwood W.I. Hall - £70

Gallery Visit/Talk 'Southampton City Art Gallery' (talk approx. 1.5 hours)
Friday 3rd November, meet at 9.45am at Red Jet Ferry (to depart at 10.15am) - £40
(You will need to buy ferry tickets, but bus to gallery is free and gallery admission is free)

More one day workshops will be available as the term progresses and these will appear on my blog.  One to one sessions are still available over the summer period.

Happy Painting!

Lee 🎨

No comments:

Post a Comment